Motorhome Freshwater tanks should be sanitized regularly, especially in hot weather. To freshen the water system, follow these steps:
- Fill the water tank half full.
- Add a solution of 1/4-cup household bleach and 1 gallon of water for every 15 gallons of tank capacity.
- Open all the faucets until all air has been bled from the system and the water coming out has the odor of the bleach solution before shutting off the taps.
- After three to five hours, drain the water system and refill it with fresh water
- Run water through all faucets and then drain the system again.